All classes are held at my studio in Chico, CA.
Winter/Spring Weaving Classes 2019
BEGINNING WEAVING CLASSES
This class is for the beginner weaver who has never tried out a loom or a great review for someone who would like a refresher course.
Each student will create a Twill Sampler on a four harness loom. The sampler when finished will show over 50 different variations of twill patterns in one setup. Using black and white yarn the sampler becomes a valuable study for future reference.
During the class the students will learn to:
- Measure yarns, calculating how much yarn will be needed for projects, figure out the threads per inch and other formulas.
- Read a pattern draft and learn to create one.
- Set up loom, thread the loom and connect the peddles.
- Learn techniques on how to weave once project is on the loom
- Finishing techniques once a piece is woven.
Class is open for 5 students. Cost $300.00
The first session class will be held in February 2019
- Sunday February 10, 10:00am-3:00pm
- Monday, February 11, 6:30-9:00pm
- Tuesday, February 12, 6:30-9:00pm
- Wednesday, February 13, 6:30-9:00pm
- Thursday, February 14, 6:30-9:00pm
The second session class will be held in May 2019
- Saturday, May 18, 10:00am-3:00pm
- Sunday, May 19,10:00-3:00pm
- Monday, May 20, 6:30-9:00pm
- Tuesday, May 21, 6:30-9:00pm
- Wednesday, May 22, 6:30-9:00pm