All classes are held at my studio in Chico, CA.
Winter/Spring Weaving Classes 2020 New this year loom rental.
Looms, Yarns and Weaving supplies are provided in all of the classes and workshops. A deposit of 1/2 is required before class, this will also reserve your place in the class or workshop. I am also offering loom rental when there are no workshops or classes in session and as always private instruction available as needed.
A one month membership fee of $20.00 per month plus a daily use fee of $2.50 a day while working on a loom. Yarns available for sale for your project.
BLOCK WEAVES – JANUARY
This class will cover basics of block weaves, how it works and how one pattern works in various weave structures. We will also learn how to read drafts through tie up and treadling. We will all design our own pattern which will be woven in class.
- Saturday, January 18, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Sunday, January 19, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Monday, January 20, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 21, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, January 22, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Thursday, January 23, 10:00 am-2:00 pm
Class is open for 5 students. COST $350.00.
BEGINNING WEAVING CLASSES – FEBRUARY
This class is for the beginner weaver who has never tried out a loom or a great review for someone who would like a refresher course.
Each student will create a Twill Sampler on a four harness loom. The sampler when finished will show over 50 different variations of twill patterns in one setup. Using black and white yarn the sampler becomes a valuable study for future reference.
During the class the students will learn to:
- Measure yarns, calculating how much yarn will be needed for projects, figure out the threads per inch and other formulas.
- Read a pattern draft and learn to create one.
- Set up loom, thread the loom and connect the peddles.
- Learn techniques on how to weave once project is on the loom
- Finishing techniques once a piece is woven.
Class is open to 5 students. Cost $300.00
- Saturday, February 15, 10:00 am-3:00 pm
- Sunday, February 16, 10:00 am-3;00 pm
- Monday, February 17, 6:30-8:30 pm
- Tuesday, February 18, 6:30-8:30 pm
- Wednesday, February 19, 6:30-8:30 pm
- Thursday, February 20, 6:30-8:30 pm
INTRO TO NATURAL DYES WORKSHOP
This one day workshop will go over how to mordant your yarns in both plant and animal fibers. A variety of plant materials will be prepared to dye yarns. Seeing the effects of adding modifiers to the dye will be explored. Special this year everyone in this workshop will explore some of Sandy’s home grown Madder which has been growing for three years in her garden before it was ready for harvest.
Class is limited to 12 students. Cost $ 150:00
- Saturday March 7, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
FLAX PROCESSING WORKSHOP
One day workshop at the Flax farm here in Chico. Fro more information and to sign up go to www.chicoflax.com for all the details
- Saturday,May 9, 10:00 am -4:00 pm
Limited to 12. Cost $250.00
This class will go over the basics of rug weaving, yarn selections and draft explorations that best suit rugs. In the sample we will be exploring rag, twill and Navajo inlay techniques along with others.
- Saturday, March 14, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Sunday, March 15, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Monday, March 16, 11:00 am -2:00 pm
- Tuesday, March 17, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 18, 11:00 am- 2:00 pm
- Thursday, March 19, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Class is open to 5 students. COST $350.00
WEAVING THE COLOR WHEEL
This class is the next level after taking the Black and White Sampler. Students should have knowledge of loom set up. The class will weave the colors of the color wheel. There will be four different color ways so that by the end of the class each student will have four different color samples in plain, twill, twill combos and a double weave colorway. This class will help you feel more comfortable in picking out colors for your future projects.
- Saturday, April 25, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Sunday, April 26, 10:am – 3:00 pm
- Monday, April 27, 11:00 am- 2:00 pm
- Tuesday, April 28, 11:00 am- 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, April 29, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Thursday, April 30, 11:00 -2:00 pm
Class is open for 5 students. COST $300.00
This Class will help to unlock the mystery of Double Weave. Students will learn how to weave two layers to make one piece, bring top layer to bottom layer, woven pockets and color play plus a whole lot more.
- Saturday, May, 16, 10:00 am _ 3:00 pm
- Sunday, May 17, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Monday, May 18, 11:00 am – 2: 00 pm
- Tuesday, May 19, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 20, 11:00 am – 2:00 Pm
- Thursday, May 21, 11:00 – 2:00 pm
Class is open for 5 students. COST $350.00