Classes are held at my studio in Chico, CA and at the Flax Farm.
Spring/Fall Weaving Classes 2022
Looms, Yarns and Weaving supplies are provided in all of the classes and workshops. A deposit of 1/2 is required before class, this will also reserve your place in the class or workshop. I am also offering loom rental when there are no workshops or classes in session and as always private instruction available as needed. To reserve your class space or for more information on each class please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
A one month membership fee of $20.00 per month plus a daily use fee of $2.50 a day while working on a loom. Yarns available for sale for your project.
FLAX PROCESSING WORKSHOP
Our one day workshop this year this be held at the Fibershed learning Center in Point Reyes Station, Ca. More information and to sign up, go to this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/growing-processing-flax-with-sandy-durl-of-chico-flax-tickets-251635718207
- Saturday, May 7, 10:00 am -4:00 pm
Limited to 15. Cost $250.00
DOUBLE WEAVE TECHNIQUE MAY 2022
This Class will help to unlock the mystery of Double Weave. Students will learn how to weave two layers to make one piece, bring top layer to bottom layer, woven pockets and color play plus a whole lot more.
- Saturday, May, 14, 10:00 am _ 3:00 pm
- Sunday, May 15, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Monday, May 16, 11:00 am – 2: 00 pm
- Tuesday, May 17, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 18, 11:00 am – 2:00 Pm
- Thursday, May 19, 11:00 – 2:00 pm
Class is open for 5 students. COST $450.00
BEGINNING WEAVING CLASSES – October 2022
This class is for the beginner weaver who has never tried out a loom or a great review for someone who would like a refresher course.
Each student will create a Twill Sampler on a four harness loom. The sampler when finished will show over 50 different variations of twill patterns in one setup. Using black and white yarn the sampler becomes a valuable study for future reference.
During the class the students will learn to:
- Measure yarns, calculating how much yarn will be needed for projects, figure out the threads per inch and other formulas.
- Read a pattern draft and learn to create one.
- Set up loom, thread the loom and connect the peddles.
- Learn techniques on how to weave once project is on the loom
- Finishing techniques once a piece is woven.
Class is open to 5 students. Cost $400.00
- December Weekday Classes
- Saturday, Oct 8, 10:00 am-3:00 pm
- Sunday, Oct 9, 10:00 am-3:00 pm
- Monday, Oct 10, 10:00am-3:00 pm
- Tuesday, Oct 11, 10:00 am-3:00 pm
- Wednesday, Oct 12, 10:00 am-3:00 pm
BLOCK WEAVES – October 2022
This class will cover basics of block weaves, how it works and how one pattern works in various weave structures. We will also learn how to read drafts through tie up and treadling. We will all design our own pattern which will be woven in class.
- Saturday, Oct 15, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Sunday, Oct 16, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Monday, Oct 17, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Tuesday, Oct 18, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, Oct 19, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Class is open for 5 students. COST $450.00.
RUG WEAVING November 2022
This class will go over the basics of rug weaving, yarn selections and draft explorations that best suit rugs. In the sample we will be exploring rag, twill and Navajo inlay techniques along with others.
- Saturday, Nov 5, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Sunday, Nov 6, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Monday, Nov 7, 11:00 am -2:00 pm
- Tuesday, Nov 8, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, Nov 9 11:00 am- 2:00 pm
Class is open to 5 students. COST $425.00
INTRO TO NATURAL DYES WORKSHOP November 2022
This one day workshop to be held at the Flax farm This workshop will go over how to mordant your yarns in both plant and animal fibers. A variety of plant materials will be prepared to dye yarns. Seeing the effects of adding modifiers to the dye will be explored. Special this year everyone in this workshop will explore some of Sandy’s home grown Madder which has been growing for three years in her garden.
Class is limited to 12 students. Cost $ 150:00
Saturday Nov 19, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm