- New wearables made of climate beneficial wool, organic cotton, and our own Chico Flax wool and cotton blends
- Believing in regenerative agriculture and processing systems, Sandy is co-owner of Chico Flax and actively involved in every step of the process of making linen blend yarns that she uses in all of her new items. She collaborates with local community members, farmers, fellow artisans and institutions to grow, harvest and process flax into linen blended-yarns and woven items.
- Collaborating with:
- Bare Ranch-Lani Estil – Eaglesville ,CA – Wool
- Chico Flax- Chico Flax LLC – Chico, CA- Linen
- Vreseis LTD- Sally Fox- Capay Valley,CA-Cotton
- Carol Lee Shanks Designs – Berkeley, CA – All garments
- Mendocino Wool & Fiber Inc – Ukiah, CA- Mill
- Mountain Meadow Wool Mill, Buffalo, WY
- CSU, Chico, Center for Regenerative Agriculture & Resilient Systems
Come see me at this years Philadelphia Museum of Art Craft Show November 3-4
We are proud to announce we have been selected to exhibit at the 47th annual Philadelphia Museum of Art Craft Show from Friday, November 3 through Sunday, November 5, 2023, with a Preview Party on Thursday, November 2.
The Show offers the opportunity to meet the country’s finest craft artists and learn about and purchase their work. Experience the energy in every booth where the crafts exhibited embrace a striking variety of forms and functions, including glass, baskets, jewelry, wearable and decorative fiber, metal, paper, leather, furniture, ceramic, wood, and mixed media.
The Philadelphia Museum of Art Craft Show is presented annually by The Philadelphia Museum of Art Women’s Committee for the benefit of the Philadelphia Museum of Art. The event attracted 10,000 visitors to the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia over three days. Funds raised are used to purchase art and craft for the museum’s permanent collections, support education programs, and contribute to conservation and publication projects.
This year, we will be presenting our collection of Climate Beneficial scarves and shawls. Come hear our story at booth 524
Hope to see you at the show!
Philadelphia Museum of Art Craft Show website: http://www.pmacraftshow.org
List of artists for 2023: http://pmacraftshow.org/artists/
Philadelphia Museum of Art: http://philamuseum.org/